Under new laws coming into effect in May 2018, we need to provide you with certain details concerning how your personal data will be used and protected. Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club take the protection of the data we hold about you as a member seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect and how we comply with the law on data protection and what your rights are.
Name of CLUB:
Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club
Categories of personal data we collect:
- Name and date of birth
- Contact details
- Medical/specific requirements information
- Disability information
- Emergency contact details
- Sporting experience information
- Video/Photography agreement
- Participation agreement
Our sources of the personal data:
We obtain personal data from:
- The individual registering to join the club
- Club coaches and junior co-ordinators
- Play-Cricket database & Allstars registration
- Openplay Registration
Automated decisions we may take:
Purposes for which we process personal data:
- Administering bookings and attendance at sessions
- Dealing with medical needs/specific requirements
- Supporting the delivery of cricket sessions
- For training and competition entry
- Reporting of participation and any incidents and of figures and trends (including equality and inclusion information)
- For quality and improvement monitoring
- Advising you about related holiday camps & club social activities
Who we will disclose your personal data to enable participation
- ECB or LTA Leagues
- The ECB /LTA
- Coaches and other volunteers for administrating training sessions/matches
- The County Cricket Board that supports the local Cricket Club whose programmes you have registered for and or LTA programmes you have registered for
- Volunteers who work at other school cricket or tennis clubs/venues to support the delivery of sessions
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- for administration and programme delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
- for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent or in your vital interests.
- in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to build a programme to encourage participation in cricket or Tennis and does not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
Your right to withdraw consent:
Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
Location of your personal data:
Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club will keep your data within the European Economic Area
How long we will keep your personal data for?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered with Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club.
Your rights in respect of your personal data:
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
Our contact details
cricket: [email protected]
tennis: [email protected]
phone: 07889 489 236 / 07530 425 871
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch with the named person at the club. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.